Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Abnormal blood test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Abnormal blood test

What dose this mean?? I've been having some really odd  symptoms over the years... could this be apart?

Mine                                                  Normal ranges      

HEMATOCRIT (HCT)        "low  31.1 "                                           37 - 47

HEMOGLOBIN (HGB)       "low   8.4"                                           12 - 16

MCH (Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin)     "low   22.6"                     26 -33

MCV (Mean Corpuscular Volume)       "low   76.6"                        80 - 100

MCHC (Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration)  "low  29.5"    32 - 36

W.B.C. (White Blood Cell Count)    "low  4.06"                         4.5 - 10        

BASOPHILS and BASOPHIL COUNT      "high 2.394"               0-2

RBC MORPHOLOGY -    1+  Microcytes
                                     1+  Polychromasia
                                     1+  Spherocytes

Vitamin D 25 HYDROXY   -    9.9

My symptoms

severe cravings for pure salt
severe fatigue
muscle pain
muscle spasms (on both sides of body)
random body tics/jerks
severe migraines
joint/bone pain
memory issues
tingling and numbness of hands, feet, face (between eyes)
pale skin
severe shortness of breath
mood swings
random dizziness/ lightheadness
weight gain and weight loss
random nausea
eyes jerking/spasms (side to side) super fast and only last a few seconds.
random sharp shooting abdominal pain (above belly button and in ovaries)
hands randomly  become red, burns, and itches super bad!!  sometimes swell up!
infertility
heavy or absent menstrual !!!!!!!!!!

My menstrual has been absent for almost 2 months now, so I don't understand why its all low.

I'm a 25 year old female. I don't smoke, drink or do and type of drugs and i'm not on any meds...

i do have a mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation and urinary tract bleeding.
The tests you mention, unless I am reading the terminology wrong are more blood count verses kidney. Kidney is creatinine, urea, potassium, phosporous, calcium and protein in the urine and/or blood. They also can calculate from these different tests a GFR which is commonly used when describing stages of kidney disease.

You would probably need some pain in the kidney quandrant. In the back off to one side, above your hips and below your ribs.

Fatigue, high blood pressure, swelling of the limbs, itching are tell tale signs of kidney disease once it hits stage 4. Kidney disease has few to no symptoms in the earlier stages. That is what makes it so deadly. You don't usually know you have it until your kidneys have almost failed.

Sorry but I don't think kidney disease explains your symptoms, except for perhaps the urinary bleeding and fatigue. If you are worried it is easy enough to get a blood test for that.

Sometimes it is a combination of a few things when you start getting weird symptoms. I have Fibormyalgia, bipolar disorder, and now chronic kidney disease. I question the fibromyalgia diagnosis as I feel they just slapped that one because they couldn't figure out anything else. I don't have the tender points I am supposed to have for FMS. I am sorry you are having the problems you are. Have you seen an endocrinologist? rheumatologist? I think those specialties may provide you with better answers. If you've seen those specialists and got nothing you may want to go for genetic testing. I was signed up to go but then moved and where I live it isn't offered. I hope you find the answers you seek.