Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
BILATERAL EXTRARENAL PELVES

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

BILATERAL EXTRARENAL PELVES

I am 17yrs old.Recently I had been declared unfit for the army due to bilateral hydronephrosis.I got tests like blood,urine,ultra sound,MCU,DTPA scans done from kidney foundation hospital in bangalore and all the reports are normal.There is no urine reflux and no obstruction and to add to that I am asymptomatic.The doctors concluded that its is bilateral extra renal pelves.When I was born the doctors did not report any abnormality in the internal organs.I have never suffered from any urinary infections so far.Is there a possibility that it will affect my physical activity?
My daughter has just been diagnosed with bilateral extrarenal pelvecies....she is 9 years old.  We just found out by accident, I guess.  We were never told anything when she was born, either. She started experiencing pain in her abdomen and they did a CT scan and found the kidney had an extra tube connecting it (bilateral extarenal pelvecies).  Doctors have not concluded that this is the cause of her pain, but others, I am told,  experience pain with this condition that can be worse than a woman in labor.  I am also told by my daughter's doctor that you can live your whole life and never even know you have this condition, it just varies from person to person. I am sorry to hear that it has affected your opportunity to serve our country, and until I read your posting I had not thought of what opportunities would no longer be available to my daughter cause of her condition.