Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Black Specks in urine, stones and floating protein in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

by annbg

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend

annbg
Member since Dec 2008  

, 1 minute ago
To: all
I too am preparing -  for a cystopscopy...third one in my life I am 40..... i have been diagnosed with interstitial cystitis, so I feel like I have a UTI all the time in flares... after three months of getting tested, I went to the urologist and they said I had a massive infection... so I am now on my third round of antibiotics.. I had a couple days clear of these black specks... I think they are blood, because when I rubbed them on the toilet tissue...it smeared red.

I have one known kidney stone that never bothers me... though I also get right sided sometimes sudden onset and sometimes constant pain. I always assumed that I has some smaller ones or oxylate ones that do not show up....

I am also passing blood which happens almost everytimes I test,.. that was the first cystoscopy...they said leaky kidney...Then years later I had stones and gall stones...

I am passing protein - -I am also diabetic. and just had a hysterectomy so I am sure the foley catheter  caused the infection...but the doc says the protein might be due to just the infection... this is the worst bout I have had since I  had a c-section for my daughter.... andit is driving me nuts... and pyridium is getting darned expensive to be on for 4 months.....it's also not working that well.  HEck even Oxycodone isn't covering it.

Thank GOSH I have pain killers for another issue or I would be in the ER.

Has anyone had this happen and what might it indicate?

Ann