Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Blood Tests

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Blood Tests

I have had some 'interesting' symptoms of late, they seem to lean towards colon cancer, though it has been 'suggested' here that it could maybe be colitis [which though I don't believe, I don't don't either].
Before these symptoms, I was being investigated for kidney disease, all was clear, cystoscopy, scan [like the one they use on pregnant ladies]  and an X-ray.  Recently, I have been feeling slight pain in my right kidney area, though before I'd have described it as 'my top rib' and the pain comes as I sneeze, cough, pass a constipated stool, walk too far etc, but now, today, I have been asked to call in for blood tests, and I find the abbreviations slightly alarming considering all else what clear, so I wonder if you could help shed some light please?

::Clinical Details:: Stage III CRF
::Chemical Pathology:: LFT [and I think] UTE.

Could you just clarify what that means, and if the clinical details 'suggest' that I 'may' have Stage III CRF or I 'do' have Stage III CRF.
I am only 84.3% sure what the 'CRF' means after an online search, but I'd rather hear from someone here.

Thank you.
You have not mentioned any values under the heading of chemical pathology.
Chronic renal failure is a gradual and progressive loss of the ability of the kidneys to excrete wastes, concentrate urine, and conserve electrolytes.Alternative names are Kidney failure - chronic; Renal failure - chronic; Chronic renal insufficiency; CRF; Chronic kidney failure. It most often results from any disease that causes gradual loss of kidney function. It can range from mild dysfunction to severe kidney failure . Progression may continue to end-stage renal disease.Chronic renal failure usually occurs over a number of years as the internal structures of the kidney are slowly damaged. In the early stages, there may be no symptoms. iabetes and hypertension (high blood pressure) are the two most common causes and account for approximately two-thirds of the cases of chronic renal failure and ESRD.
I do not think one can conclusively say that you do have it until blood tests confirm it.
Ref:http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/000471.htm

Thank you.  I have had blood tests, but haven't had [gone] for the results for my last ones.
I do have very high blood pressure, I am on 100 mg Atenolol and 40 mg Simvastatin [I'm only 31 years old].
With regard to 'values' I don't know what you mean, but the only abbreviations are 'UTE' and 'LFT'.
Andy what is your GFR?
Hello Vivian,
I don't have a clue.