Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Body doesn't absorb water
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Body doesn't absorb water

What would cause your body not to absorb water? I feel dehydrated all the time and drinking water doesn't seem to help. It comes out almost instantly. The symptoms I have are dry eyes, extremely dry mouth, and always being thirsty.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

Your symptoms sound abnormal to me..May be you should get yourself investigated for diabetes as diabetes has polydipsia (urge to drinnk more water) and polyuria( passing large amount of urine). Get your blood sugars done and if they are normal you need to get the specific gravity of your urine tested which would throw more light on your problems. Are you on some medications which lead to dry mouth and make u pass more of urine? Let me know.

Keep me in loop. I hope this advice is of some help to you as of now.

Regards.
Blank
Wow...I have the same problem. Last week I went to the Endocronlogist and guess what? He said I have diabetes. You should also get a 3-4hr. glucose tolerance test. Also, do the calfs of your legs hurt at all? Do they go into spasms?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...