Bun/Creatine/Uric Acid
I have microscopic hematuria (blood in urine) which was first picked up in 2009. I had a cystoscopy in 2009 and a CT Urogram in 2012 which rules out sinister causes. The CT urogram also showed healthy kidneys, spleen, pancrease etc..

I had a water infection in January 2013 and passed visble hematuria e.g. red/brown urine.

My blood tests in Janaury 2013 were as follows:

Bun 13/mg/dl
Creatinine 1.2 mg/dl
Uric Acid 5.7 mg/dl

Now as of 2 June 2013 the readings are as follows:

Bun 19/mg/dl
Creatinine 1.3 mg/dl
Uric Acid 7.1 mg/dl

I have just gone onto blood pressure medication in the last week.

These ranges I beleive are normal but they have all increased in 6 months.

Anyone have any advice?

Hi there,
The normal values of blood urea are between 7 - 18 mg/dl. The normal serum creatinine is between 0.6 - 1.2 mg/dl.Elevated levels may be seen in kidney disease, muscle degeneration, and some drugs involved in impairment of kidney function. The normal values of serum uric Acid are 3.4-7.0 mg/dL in males. Few medications can cause increased levels of uric acid in the blood. Normal values will vary from laboratory to laboratory. It is suggested to discuss your test results with your attending doctor and correlate them clinically. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best wishes and kind regards!
Thanks,
I saw a doctor who gave me results of urine test.
Protein was 150. So I have proteinuria.
He thinks there is minor kidney damage and prescribed 5mg blood pressure meds. Coversyl (Perindopril).
He thinks this will reverse any damage although I didnt know reversal was possible.
I go back in 3 months.
Thanks again.
Blood urea is an auxiliary examination method to measure kidney functions. Urea in the blood comes from protein metabolism and it is mainly released into urine through the filtration of the kidneys.
http://www.kidneyfailureweb.com/creatinine/619.html