Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
CKD and high RBC count

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

CKD and high RBC count

So, I am a stage 3B CKD patient with the most recent eGFR of 48.

The latest blood result seems quite confuzzling to me... my proteinuria has dropped significant and so has my blood cholesterol, however, the creatinine and eGFR still worsened i.e. from 155 umol to 162 umol (from 50 to 48 eGFR).

I am guessing the upped creatinine and  eGFR is due to increased ACEI dosage? from 4mn coversyl to 8mg three weeks ago.

This is second blood report (atleast which I had chance to look at) that my total RBC count is elevated to around 6.2 10E12 / L and MCV indicating small RBCs and MCH is abnormal too... should I be concerned of any cardiac anomalies? does this warrant me asking my GP for a hematology refferal?

Speculations? comments are most welcome.

Thanks :)

Sam
I hope you have better luck than I have in getting a response.  I've been active in the neurology community where there's plenty of help; now that I have bladder & kidney problems as well, it seems as though this forum is deserted.