CKD
what is CKD? my latest renal profile shows Creatinine 2.2 and Bloodurea 60. what does it mean and do I have to alter my diet?
CKD stands for Chronic Kidney Disease. There are 5 stages. At stage 5 you are on dialysis, before that you are on a kidney diet, stricter depending on how bad the damage is. At stage 4 you would be eating very little protein for example. If you alter your diet you may, depending on the cause, be able to increase your numbers. I've bumped a thread called Diet makes a big difference. In there I explain the diet I used. I had stage 3 CKD and was able to raise my numbers enough to become stage 2 CKD. I went from a GFR of 54% to 69%. I don't know what the creatinine and blood urea mean. I was always only given my GFR which is an approximate of how the kidneys are functioning. So a GFR of 54% means that you have 54% of your kidney function. I go back in six months to see if it has risen anymore.

The diet is a bit of a bummer. For me the hardest thing to lose was the tomato. Almost every dish I made had a tomato base to it. But you get used to it, and it isn't that bad. I eat a lot of chicken.
the most reliable test for kidney disease is the egfr, what is your egfr??