CREATININE 7.5 UREA 91 in Blood
In my father's blood reports the CREATININE is 7.5 and UREA is 91. I know this is dangerous but how much i do not know. Doctors are saying about the kidney failure(CRF). However 10 days earliar in the blood test the serum CREATININE was 8.2 and UREA was 108. Is the reduction of CREATININE and Blood UREA is positive sign??
Is the CRF as said reversable??

Blood Test Reports:
CREATININE    presently 7.5            10 days earliar 8.2             normal-value( 0.6 -1.2)
UREA              presently 91             10 days earliar 108            normal-value(7 to 20)                          
Hi, Chronic renal failure usually occurs over a number of years as the internal structures of the kidney are slowly damaged. In the early stages, there may be no symptoms. In fact, progression may be so slow that symptoms do not occur until kidney function is less than one-tenth of normal.

Unfortunately, this disease can’t be reversed but proper precautions and treatment is must to slow down the progression of disease. Lab values at times may vary, please follow doctor’s advice.

For more information visit http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic374.htm
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/MEDLINEPLUS/ency/article/000471.htm
Hi, we dont have the blood reports some times earliar. As you said this disease develop over years. so just on the basis of creatinine is that right to say CRF not ARF. Is that so certain to have CRF with that high creatinine?? My father was not eating properly since 4 month however, and I m afraid that this could be related to other disease like liver or heart.Doctor are saying about the kidney.
I consulted to the doctor and they have said about dialysis. Is this should be done regulary?? plz comment
Hi, please follow doctor’s advice, dialysis might be needed. To differentiate CRF from acute renal failure (ARF) abdominal ultrasound is commonly performed, in which the size of the kidneys are measured. Kidneys with CRF are usually smaller (< 9 cm) than normal kidneys with notable exceptions such as in diabetic nephropathy and polycystic kidney disease.

Another diagnostic clue that helps differentiate CRF and ARF is a gradual rise in serum creatinine (over several months or years) as opposed to a sudden increase in the serum creatinine (several days to weeks). If these levels are unavailable (because the patient has been well and has had no blood tests) it is occasionally necessary to treat a patient briefly as having ARF until it has been established that the renal impairment is irreversible.

Thanks a lot for your valuable advise and time.
Hi ! My father's urea is 91 and Creatinine is 6.5 How serios is this? What are the medications required?