Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Concerned about levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Concerned about levels

Should  I be concerned?  My GFR is 50 down from 54 a few months ago, my BUN is 22 and my creatinine is 1.14
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Glomerular filtration rate is used to check how well the kidneys are working. The normal results range from 90 - 120 mL/min/1.73 m2. It decreases with age. If the levels are below 60 mL/min/1.73 m2 for 3 or more months it may be a sign of chronic kidney disease. Normal adult range of urea is 7 - 18 mg/d.Increases can be caused by excessive protein intake, kidney damage, certain drugs, low fluid intake, or heart failure. Your creatinine is in normal range. It is best to discuss these test results with your doctor. A clinical correlation is important for determining the exact cause of your symptoms. Keep me posed.
Best wishes and take care!