Contrast Dye
I am beginning to get a high BUN & Creatine level.  This started after I begin to have back/leg pain. The doctors gave me numerous MRI's, Cat Scan and a Lapinectomy, all with contrast.  They always and still insists that they cannot get a good reading without the contrast.  After several test, I happen to read about the contrast dye and confronted my doctors and they still insist.  I convinced them to do a blood test but they would not tell me the results and gave me the contrast anyway. Saying it was just a mild small dose... My BUN test went up to 31, then 33, then 42 and now it is back down to 33.  The last 3 blood test done it is remaining at 33.  The Creatinine 1.50, 1.60. Now at 1.50.

Am I at risk and is there anything preventative that I should do. Also, should I refuse a test if they are going to use contrast dye?  

It appears that i am heading for one or prehaps two more surgeries because I have pinced nerves in my upper back and also my lower which is severely painful and my legs are hurting and produces a sensation of giving way or "catching" ("locking").
Similar drop foot.

Any advice?
Thank you,
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
hello my husband also gets kidney  stones every now n then......i read so many stories about everyones experiences but none mention wht type of stones they r making . i also think if everyone should start to share what type of food they mosty eat everyday i think we can all come to a conclusion n somehow stop making them. Can everyone share which type of stone it is...calcium oxilate or uric acid . etc ....plus daily food list.thanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources