Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Could I still have a kidney problem with no symptoms?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

About a week ago I was lying on the bed playing with my 10 month old and she threw her leg up in the air and her heel came down on my right side (it hurt REALLY bad) and since then, for about a week my right side, below my rib cage, has been very sore. I have thought of every reason possible...Just a bruise, kidney bruise, muscle "trigger point", gas...etc. I can pin point the spot and it's not a moderate pain...it's mild. And it's only really noticeable when I'm standing for a long time or I'm sitting or laying there thinking about it. It feels worse in the morning and before I go to bed, but if I touch or rub the spot it feels like it's knotted. My urine is clear (I drink a lot of water), my bowels are normal, no nausea, fever or vomiting. I put some IcyHot on that area and it subsided for only a short period. However recently I have started having sharp internal twitches in front of where the pain is. ( if the pain is on the back part of my side, it is radiating through to the stomach area...right in front of where it hurts. I'm a very small person about 115lbs) So now I have narrowed it down to a pinched nerve perhaps. I do not have the money to go to a doctor and them to do x-rays and tell me it's a muscle. I guess my question is this...if there is no symptoms other than a little pain and discomfort...could I still have an internal problem or should I just keep doing normal daily activity and wait for a more prominent symptom such as fever or vomiting?