Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Could my symptoms mean kidney disease?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Could my symptoms mean kidney disease?

I have used Ipecac Syrup and laxatives for 2 years for dieting purposes. I have been experiencing stabbing pains in waves in my left kidney. I have frequent headaches, don't feel well when I eat, and I have been urinating more frequently.
I went to a doctor and had a urine test taken. The doctor said the only abnormality was that I had fairly high protein levels.
He said to wait to do more tests for a week or so and prescibed me codein in case the pain got worse. It has been a week and the pain has not gone.
Something I am concerned about is kidney disease.
As I am paying cash and do not have insurance I am interested in a professional opinion of wether or not this is worth looking in to.
Just letting you know that I know what you are going theu. I too have used laxatives for dieting for the past 12 years belive it or not..every day. I do have an eating disorder and it's toguh. I found out that both of my kidneys are  full of stones and the only way to get rid of them is surgery. I don't want it though and am really cant get it b/c of my low weight. I am very scared to even go under...I may not wake up.
The laxatives ahave caused the stones, I know and my ED. It is very scary.
I have just startred peeing some blood, so I too am wondering about kidney disease. I do not want to go on dialysis...it's not a pretty picture.
Kidneys are very important, I know, but all of this doesn't even want me to stop my disorder..I am very scared, but when I get bloated, I need to fix it.
I too get nauseus alot and very very bloated. Like today!
The kidney pain is horrible and I hard its worse then child birth!
Anyway, I wish u the best of luck and if u would like to speak further, please contact me at ***@****.

-K