Could my symptoms mean kidney disease?
I have used Ipecac Syrup and laxatives for 2 years for dieting purposes. I have been experiencing stabbing pains in waves in my left kidney. I have frequent headaches, don't feel well when I eat, and I have been urinating more frequently.
I went to a doctor and had a urine test taken. The doctor said the only abnormality was that I had fairly high protein levels.
He said to wait to do more tests for a week or so and prescibed me codein in case the pain got worse. It has been a week and the pain has not gone.
Something I am concerned about is kidney disease.
As I am paying cash and do not have insurance I am interested in a professional opinion of wether or not this is worth looking in to.
Just letting you know that I know what you are going theu. I too have used laxatives for dieting for the past 12 years belive it or not..every day. I do have an eating disorder and it's toguh. I found out that both of my kidneys are  full of stones and the only way to get rid of them is surgery. I don't want it though and am really cant get it b/c of my low weight. I am very scared to even go under...I may not wake up.
The laxatives ahave caused the stones, I know and my ED. It is very scary.
I have just startred peeing some blood, so I too am wondering about kidney disease. I do not want to go on dialysis...it's not a pretty picture.
Kidneys are very important, I know, but all of this doesn't even want me to stop my disorder..I am very scared, but when I get bloated, I need to fix it.
I too get nauseus alot and very very bloated. Like today!
The kidney pain is horrible and I hard its worse then child birth!
Anyway, I wish u the best of luck and if u would like to speak further, please contact me at ***@****.

-K