Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Creatine and UREA levels concern

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Creatine and UREA levels concern

Hi, I am a 54 year old man living in Ecuador and have been taking 50 mg of Losartan per day for high blood pressure for the past six months. I just reveived my blood workup results and have a creatine level of 1.4 and UREA nitrogen level of 35. On the document the reference for normal creatine levels is 0.7--1.3. However, online I notice that it is mainly 0.6---1.2 for middle aged men with average muscle mass. My doctor here says the numbers I have are no cause for concern. However, I am concerned that the blood pressure issue and medication could be (or have already harmed) harming my kdineys. I probably should have been taking blood pressure medication for the past seven years, as I knew about the problem but denied it. However, I never entered stage 2 hypertension and now my BP is under control with the meds.

Please advise.
Thank you