Crush Syndrome + Accute Renal Failure
I understand this a forum dedicated to serious health matters, but was wondering if anybody could aid me if they had the time. I'm an author attempting to write a book dealing with a young man's recovery from an terrorist attack on a London building. It deals with not just his physical recuperation but his struggle to come to terms with what he has witnessed, however, I'm in dire need on some mdeical information regarding the exact causes, symptoms and possible treatments of Crush Syndrome and some resulting  accute renal failure. Many thanks, L Redman
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As the name implies, there is severe muscle injury leading to the to the release of potassium, enzymes, and myoglobin from within cells. This is referred to as rhabdomyolysis. Myoglobin levels in the plasma are normally very low. If a significant amount of skeletal muscle is damaged excess myoglobin is filtered by the kidneys and can cause renal tubular obstruction and renal damage.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.