Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Deep tissue severe itch.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Deep tissue severe itch.

I am experiencing a severe itch randomly on my body... mostly in the very middle of my back, sometimes on the chin of my face.  It varies as to where and when this will occur, but I assure you that it's a terrible feeling and trying to scratch it is impossable... it almost makes you want to skin yourself to get to the itch.  My family thinks I'm nuts scratching at nothing visable, there is no discoloration, no bumps, no dry skin... nothing.  I am 5 months pregnant, is it from that?!  Please someone help!  Thank you.
I'm new here... forgive me.   I think I posted this in the wrong forum.
do you have ezcema (eczema)?
No, I'm familiar with ezcema (eczema) and I'm quite certain that it's not that.  
mayybe you have a staph, i had staph and it started out as an itch, also are you taking a medications? They could cause it too,
I too have this problem...although it is generally only in my shoulders.  Nothing seems to stop it. I explain it like putting a D battery on your tongue to start then the itch starts...feels like your being attacked from the inside.  Ice packs seem to calm it for a brief time.  I also found that after itching it raw then spraying some body spray on it will stop it briefly too...seems like something that will cause some slight burning to the area will chill the itch.

Last night this happened to me in a nice restaurant and I didn't want to look like some freak show itching like I am crazy...sooooo....I grabbed a slice of lemon from my water and rubbed it over my shoulders....it burned pretty bad for about a minute...then to my astonishment the itch stopped and didnt start back up ALL night!  So I went and bought a bottle of lemon juice and rubbed my shoulders down with it before bed and I didn't have an itch all night!!!

Just  a suggestion for some relief...but I will tell you  if you have been scratching the area...the lemon will burn pretty intense for a minute or 2...but the end result is so worth it!
Good luck