Do Medications cause kidney results to differ from month to month
HI,I had my labs done in dec and my BUN was 12 and my creatine was 0.7and the ratio of the two was 17.I started depakote er on jan 14 and had lab work donr on the 19th and my BUN is 7 and creatine is 0.7 and the ratio is 10.0 and says low by that..im concerned as what could cause the difference in one month..would the new medication cause changes? Or should i worry i have something wrong with my kidneys? My liver test the ALT was  13 and the AST is 14 thats in the ok range i guess..i dont know what the RDW is but its 11.1 and its low range too///Im praying its just my kidneys getting used to a new maedication that made the numbers  differnt thismonth...i dont know much  about kidneys and how they work so if any one had any ideas i would appractiate it  Thanks
I'm assuming the BUN and Creatinine are still within range according to your lab reference?  Everything I've read says that a BUN/Cr ratio between 10-20 for an adult is typically normal.  A lower than normal BUN is normally not a concern, though it can be seen in liver disease and malnutrition (according to labtests online) - though it's not used to monitor them.  I think more importantly is that your BUN and Creatinine are within normal range. BUN and Creatinine don't go down with kidney damage/disease, they go up.