Duplex Kidney
Hi Everyone,

This post is in relation to my daughter who is 22 years old and has suffered with her kidneys for a couple of years. She gets general pain in the kidneys and suffers with painful cistitis.  last year I took her to our local Dr who sent her for a scan and we found that she had a DUPLEX KIDNEY but said he didnt see the need to refer her to a specialist... My understanding of this is she has two kidneys on one side..

This week she has been really poorly with it and in a lot of pain. She saw the nurse yesterday and she has just sent a pee sample of and given her antibiotics?? She has never seen a specialist and this is happening quite offten now at least once or twice a month.

Does anyone know anything about Duplex Kidneys? is there anyhing I can do to help her? I have made an appointment for her to see the DR again to see if he will re consider refering her.

Many Thanks
Sarah