Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Duplex Kidney

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Duplex Kidney

Hi Everyone,

This post is in relation to my daughter who is 22 years old and has suffered with her kidneys for a couple of years. She gets general pain in the kidneys and suffers with painful cistitis.  last year I took her to our local Dr who sent her for a scan and we found that she had a DUPLEX KIDNEY but said he didnt see the need to refer her to a specialist... My understanding of this is she has two kidneys on one side..

This week she has been really poorly with it and in a lot of pain. She saw the nurse yesterday and she has just sent a pee sample of and given her antibiotics?? She has never seen a specialist and this is happening quite offten now at least once or twice a month.

Does anyone know anything about Duplex Kidneys? is there anyhing I can do to help her? I have made an appointment for her to see the DR again to see if he will re consider refering her.

Many Thanks
Sarah