Duplex kidney pain in pregnancy
Hello All,
I need some advice, i am six and a half months pregnant and suffering kidney pain.
I was only told in my third month of pregnancy that i have Duplex Kidneys on the right ( where the pain is ) dispite being diagnosed in 2000. I have been drinking loads of water to try and flush any infection out and have been told to see GP asap, unless the pain becomes unbearable, in which case i'm to go to A&E.
Does anyone suffer from the same condition is or has suffered in pregnancy and has any knowledge that may be helpful?
Katrina x
Hi, i am also 30wks pregnant and counting atm. I have a duplex kidney with Double urethra on the left side. I have had 2 infections so far one being treated with antibiotics. i was reeferred to a consultant at 8 wks but not seeing them till 33wks! Bit rubbish really. My GP has been very helpful in my pregnancy with my kidneys however my midwife hasnt. I dont know if this is because shes not as aware of my medical history as my GP or whether she forgets to care. Anyway after a few UTI tests last week showing clear of infection my doctor has suggested that it may be possible that the baby is lying on across the kidney area applying pressure and causing pain to the kidneys so has refered me for a scan next week to check. Im also going to ask at the scan if they can check babys kidneys as im told that this can be passed down to cause kidney problems in the fetus. Atm we are in debate as to whether i should be having a natural birth or c-section due to this and other issues like my height at 4ft 9, asthma and weight. Hope this helps you out a little Sadie x