Enlarged kidney and Skin Discoloration
I recently took a pelvic ultrasound and gastric ultrasound because I was experiencing difficulty with bowel movements, abdominal pain, and nausea.  I returned to my physician because I started to have pain on in my lower back on the left side as well as shooting up and down my spine.   At the initial site of the pain there is a patch of flat discolored skin that appears tan or white.  I am African-American, so it was very easy to see.  The doctor informed me that my previous test results showed that my left kidney was enlarged.  She examined my back and I winced in severe pain as she went up spine and compressed the discolored skin.  She immediately me for  back X-ray.  I am tired all the time.  I have gone from running 2 and 1/2 miles a day to none.

What could be the cause of my kidney enlargement/ back pain and skin discoloration?