Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Foamy Pee
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Foamy Pee

Hello!  I am 14 years old, about 110 pounds and about 5'5".  Recently, (past 3 weeks) I have had foamy urine.  The most foam occurs in the morning.  Later in the day when I pee, there is still foam but much less.  I know I'm supposed to get a urine test and I am not a body builder who eats tons of protein or anythIng.  Please help me I hope I don't have kidney disease.

Hello,
Foamy urine may/may not be associated with a serious cause. Any infection of the urinary tract, proteinuria due to kidney disease, kidney infection or high protein diet can cause foamy urine. If you pass foamy urine frequently, you need evaluation for any underlying disease or condition. To diagnose kidney disease tests like a simple urinalysis may be done, followed by other relevant tests such as the dipstick test and other blood tests. A 24-hour urine collection may be advised for better evaluation of kidney function. Consult a doctor.
Best luck and keep me posted!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank