Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Frothy urine but only trace protein?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Frothy urine but only trace protein?

For the past month and a half I have been suffering from frothy urine. Whenever I stand up to urinate, my urine quickly bubbles up - resembling the head of a lager. This is not likely to be due to the speed of the flow of urine as the bubbles do not disappear straight away and instead stay in the pan. The urine also looks fizzy and slightly cloudy. As well as this, I have had back pain (mid to lower) and have had itchy skin.

I have been to my doctors twice now about the complaint. The first time my doctor did mention I had trace amounts of protein, but nothing high at all and my urine was otherwise clear. The second time I went (recently) my doctor also said there was trace amounts of protein but also trace amounts of blood. My doctor has sent off my urine for a proper analysis as he was unsure what the problem was.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing the problem? I should also mention that my blood pressure is normal and have no stinging/burning sensations when I urinate.

Thanks,
Tags: frothy urine, kidney, Back pain, Protein, Blood, itchy skin
I should also add that I am a 23 y/o male
Foggy urine and sometimes blood may indicate a Urinary tract infection, a Kidney Stone or maybe a prostate infection, there are several things that it could be, which if he knew, he would have treated with antibiotics, which may be the treatment after the test results, Kidney stones,Kidney infection are pretty painful and the pain covers from the lower badk, up the flank and to almost to the bottom of the shoulder blade.Just make sure if it is an infection, and he precribes antibiotics, purchase a good Probiotic and keep taking them during and at least a week after the antibiotics are gone, you can get probiotics at a local health food store, the antibiotic will kill bacteria, and also the good bacteria in your stomache, the probiotic will replace this good bacteria.  Best Regards FTB4