Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
GFR drop

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

GFR drop

Hi.
I was in cardiology last week and my kidney levels were looked at to maybe identifying the reason for my chest pains. My creatanine had jumped from 185 to 230 since December and GFR down from 35 to 27. Can a drop like this be normal with CKD?

Many thanks,

KH
a drop like that is quite possible as I have had similar drops. However, it may also be a one off and your next reading clsoer to the 35 again. . Levels of creatine can differ for numerous reasons, including level of hydration. Having said that, CKD does not cause kidney pain, although it leaves your more susceptible to infection of urine. I argued this with my nephrologist as I was getting flank pain on and off for weeks. He was right, turned out to be a uti.   Has this been tested for a uti? addtionally though, renal pain would definately NOT be in the chest or anywhere near the chest.  It starts in the flank area, up around the waist. It can travel or shoot from there to the lower abdomen (eg if a stone or uteric inflammation) but certainly not chest

Thanks for the reply. I went to to Cardiology not through renal pain but there could be a connection through my CKD and cardiovascular disease, so sorry for the confusion. I've had bloods done again today and just waiting for the results to see if my renal function has decreased again. my GP said it could have been reduced as I had Norovirus in January and my bloods done a week or so after it had cleared up. Fingers crossed it was just a blip and I'll know more on Wednesday.