Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Help please, Kidney failure symptoms? Urine culture came back negative?...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Help please, Kidney failure symptoms? Urine culture came back negative?

So i couple nights ago i realized i had a messed up sleep schedule 8/10am-5/9pm, and tried to pull an all nighter, and didn't sleep all day, and when it came time to go to sleep at a normal time, i wasn't able to. and now for the last 4-5 days i haven't been able to sleep really at all, maybe at 2-3 hours at a time spread throughout the day i can get my 7-8 hours. but besides not being able to sleep, even though im excrusiatingly tired, i also am really hungry but when i try to eat, the food tastes repulsive and leaves a sour taste in my mouth for hours. i also have bad dry mouth and am really thirsty all the time. I read online the symptoms for kidney failure were (fluid retention, lethargy, weakness, loss of appetite, anxious and restless, nausea, shortness of breath, metallic taste in mouth and not being able to sleep) i have lethargy, weakness, loss of appetite, anxious and restless, nausea, shortness of breath (mild), not being able to sleep, and a sour taste in my mouth when i eat.
So i went to the doctor yestderday and she just gave me tips to sleep better, and did a urine test which she said she found small traces of nitrates and said something about a possible uti. but i came back today to see a different doctor, and im pretty sure they said my urine didnt grow anything, and they did another urine dip thing and it came back negative for anything.. and tomorrow im going to get bloodwork done. does it sound like i have kidney failure or something else? i've never had a uti(as far as i know, because i did go to get tested for it months ago), diabetes, or high blood pressure, and i dont take any medication and eat fairly healthy. I'm just afraid i have something life threatening thats going to kill me before i get the blood work results back.. does it sound like any sort of..cancer? anything? sorry this is so long im just terrified. im 15 years old and do have pretty severe hypochondria., but i dont want to just dismiss this as anxiety and have it be something serious? also not being able to sleep and eat properly is taxing.. help please?
Tags: urine, culture, negative, kidney, failure, help, please, TIRED, sour taste in mouth, CANT SLEEP, lethargy, bloodwork, negative urine culture, cant eat
It is six days later now so hopefully you have a few answers. At 15, and otherwise healthy, chances are your symptoms are a result of a screwed up sleep schedule. Naps are a really bad idea, they completely screw up your ciridian cycle so cutting back or preferably cutting out would be a good idea. It is good though that you are going to the doctor. With the blood work they will be able to tell if your kidneys are in danger.