High GFR?
I had some blood work in June and I was very happy with the results, but I'm confused about my GFR. A year and a half ago, after my last lab, my GFR was 96 according to MedCalc's GFR estimator. (MedCalc asks for your age, sex, race, weight, serum creatinine, albumin, and BUN.)

This June, my GFR was 156.

There's not much information on high GFRs, but a few websites I read suggested that normal adults have GFRs between 100 and 130 and that anything >90 is good.

My confusion is worsened by the fact that there are several different ways to calculate GFR and I have no idea if I am using the right way. Maybe MedCalc's calculator is worthless and my GFR is high or lower.

I'm really curious about what the causes of high GFR are.
if ur (GFR) IS THAT GOOD THEN UR OK...we all drop gfr with age..im 47 mine is > than 60..so if ur > than 90 no worries  ur doing well!!   im a medcail advocate not a m.d.