Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
High protein in urine- how high is high?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High protein in urine- how high is high?

Trying to figure out what is going on with my 17 yr old daughter. Her urinalysis shows her urine protein at 500mg/dl
She had a uti 11/12.  12/6 ER because of pain, was said no uti. 12/7 saw her regular doctor who looked at ER report and said there was still a slight uti. When I got home I looked at ER urinalysis report the high values are as follows:
Bilirubin- H LARGE
Protein H 500mg/dl
urobilinogen - 8.0
Nitrite- H Positive
Mucus- 2+

Her blood showed her creat. To be normal 0 7
CL ( not sure what lab this is?) was slightly high 108

I'm supposed to bring her back in 10 days for another urinalysis
After searching g the Internet I'm a bit concerned - do you think thisan wait? Or should I be looking  for renal doctors now?
Thank you
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I forgot to add she is very fatigued, eyes are bloodshot and has been having low grade temp for 6 days.
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The report indicates mild proteinuria and this can occur with urinary tract infections. This is more so as she is running a fever. Have a culture and sensitivity test done to find out the correct antibiotic that the infecting organism is sensitive to and taking this medication for the required amount of days may help to clear urinary tract infection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank