How long is recovery from Acute Renal Failure
I am a 57 year old female. One month ago I was hospitalized for Acute Renal Failure.  After treatment, my kidney function did return to normal.  The cause was dehydration after 2 eye surgeries and use of diutetic drops and blood pressure medication.  I have researched all of the meds I was taking at the time.  Diamox was used during my last surgery to control the pressure in my eye and I was give an RX for 2 500mg twice daily for 10 days.  I found that Acute Renal Failure is a possible complication of using Diamox.

Two weeks after I was released from the hospital, my blood test labs were all normal - kidney function & electrolytes.  My internist did not order a urine test and told me I did not need to go to a kidney specialist.

And now a month post hospitalization, I am still tired all of the time and have little to no energy.  The doctor says it will take time to recover and cannot give me any time frame.

Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take to recover my strength and energy?  Should I be following up with a kidney specialist to confirm whether there was any permanent damage?