Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Hypertension Related to Kidney Disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Hypertension Related to Kidney Disease

Hello, i am 24 yrs. old male, medium built, and I exercise regularly. I have a history of plank on my left lower back and bright red bloody urine but without painful urination last march 2011, my blood pressure peaked at 160/90, I was referred to a nephrologist and have some lab testing with this result

Complement C3
H 1838.65 mg/L      900 ~ 1800

Albumin
H 50.76   g/L       35.00 ~ 50.00

RBC MORPHOLOGY:

54% - Normal RBC
38% - Dysmorphic RBC
8% -  Ghost RBC

After this his diagnosis was AGN but for me it looks like he's not sure of it and he told me that eventually I am going to have an edema on my lower extremity but I am thankful it never happened, he prescribed me CO-AMOXICLAV for 7 days, OMACOR, and Captopril for my Hypertension but i stopped it after a few months because my BP was back to normal, but now my BP elevates again at 140/90, what will be the possible cause? Thank you and God blessed.

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your high blood pressure could be due to AGN. Please don't discontinue your medication without consulting your doctor. The hematuria and the back pain could be related to this. You need to follow up with your doctor, for regular monitoring of kidney functions and the blood pressure.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Dear, you need an imaging sonograph for your kidneys,
is any of your parent or brothers or sisters had or having a chronic kidney disease????  you may have sort of PCKD which is a hereditary disorders that affect young people and is responsible for almost all hypertension in young ages,  any way that will not be affirmed till you have a sonograph,,,
God bless you.