Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
I have duplicating ureters on both my kidneys.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

I have been experiencing horrible pain on both side of my lower back and it moves around to the front of my stomach. And I have been into the doctor several times he has sent me to the urologist and they look for cancer. But when the seen nothing but the extra ureters on both side they dismissed me. Even though I have had blood in my urine for over a year no ever time the look at my urine there is blood. I also have noticed that about ever 6 weeks to 2 months the pain in my flanks is really bad for about 5 days its is almost like I am having period crapes but 100 times worse and I have had a total hysterectomy over 7 years ago. And when it is really bad I go into the hospital and they tell my is could be kidney stones and send me home I go into my Dr. and he says the same thing and sends me to the ER. I also have experienced trouble peeing and I went in then but still i have no luck the only new they have told me is about my extra ureters I was wondering is this could alot of my problems and what can I do I am sick of hurting all the time. and bleeding all the time and not knowing who to go to or what I can do to help with all the pain.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? I'm sorry to hear what you have been through for the past year. Duplication of the ureters is a common anomaly and may be either complete or incomplete. Complications may indeed occur such as in incomplete duplication -  which is often associated with ureteroureteral reflux or ureteropelvic junction obstruction of the lower pole of the kidney. Complete duplication is most often associated with vesicoureteral reflux, ectopic ureterocele, or ectopic ureteral insertion. Ectopic ureterocele produces a filling defect in the bladder which can be identified with contrast material studies or ultrasound. If the pain and hematuria persists, it is best that you seek another urologist's opinion for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.