IGA nephropathy
Im 10 weeks pregnant and recently diagnosed with IGA nephropathy...I'm scared...Friday I have app.to go over the results.. I don't know what stage I have.
Hi there,
The course of disease and prognosis varies in every patient and may depend on the stage of disease and other parameters like creatinine clearance etc.Pregnancy is usually uneventful unless there is poorly controlled blood pressure, a bad histological picture or poor renal function with a creatinine clearance of less than 70 ml a minute. The adverse outcomes in fetus are fetal prematurity, low birth weight, and neonatal deaths while in mother are preeclampsia, eclampsia, or abruptio placenta. The prognosis during pregnancy depends entirely on the pre-pregnancy levels of proteinuria, level of kidney damage and creatinine .Do write to me again with more details.
Best luck and take care!
Hi! Thank u so much for replying back..I finally saw my doctor yesterday and we went over my biopsy results. My low creatine is low.07 and protein is stable still 3grams compared to a month a go. Kidney function is good despite the fact I have IGA. So everything is stable at this moment. We are still very nervous but have hope that everything will go well.we didn't really discuss worst case scenario.he wants me to not worry.but it is very hard not to.