Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
IGA nephropathy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IGA nephropathy

Im 10 weeks pregnant and recently diagnosed with IGA nephropathy...I'm scared...Friday I have app.to go over the results.. I don't know what stage I have.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
The course of disease and prognosis varies in every patient and may depend on the stage of disease and other parameters like creatinine clearance etc.Pregnancy is usually uneventful unless there is poorly controlled blood pressure, a bad histological picture or poor renal function with a creatinine clearance of less than 70 ml a minute. The adverse outcomes in fetus are fetal prematurity, low birth weight, and neonatal deaths while in mother are preeclampsia, eclampsia, or abruptio placenta. The prognosis during pregnancy depends entirely on the pre-pregnancy levels of proteinuria, level of kidney damage and creatinine .Do write to me again with more details.
Best luck and take care!
Blank
Hi! Thank u so much for replying back..I finally saw my doctor yesterday and we went over my biopsy results. My low creatine is low.07 and protein is stable still 3grams compared to a month a go. Kidney function is good despite the fact I have IGA. So everything is stable at this moment. We are still very nervous but have hope that everything will go well.we didn't really discuss worst case scenario.he wants me to not worry.but it is very hard not to.
Blank
Hi! Thank u so much for replying back..I finally saw my doctor yesterday and we went over my biopsy results. My low creatine is low.07 and protein is stable still 3grams compared to a month a go. Kidney function is good despite the fact I have IGA. So everything is stable at this moment. We are still very nervous but have hope that everything will go well.we didn't really discuss worst case scenario.he wants me to not worry.but it is very hard not to.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...