I'm a little worried.
I am a 25 year old male. I am healthy and active. About 3 weeks ago I started to have lower back pain. It is a deep dull pain and I am positive it is in the kidneys and not muscular. The pain is not always constant, however, I would say that it is there about 60% of the day. It's not sharp, but a dull deep pain. I have had blood in my urine since the lower back pain began. Sometimes my urine is a brownish color, ranging to red. Sometimes my unrine will seem normal, and then the blood will return in my urine. I drink a lot of water every day. No matter how much I drink, my urine is a dark yellow. Over this last while, it seems a darker yellow than what I have seen in the past, this of course is when it is not brown or red from the blood.
I went to an urgent care facility and had a urinalysis done. It came back normal in all levels, except for a high blood cell count. The range was 5-10. This was when my urine was a yellow in color. He check my prostate (worse experience in my life.....didn't feel very manly after that ;) ) He advised me to see a urologist and also that I may have a kidney stone. Kidney stones do run in my family, however, no one in my family has experienced these symptoms when passing a stone. I am making an appointment to see a urologist, however, wanted to ask for help from anyone that could enlighten me as to what this ailment could be. Thank you for reading.
Hi, I am just starting a process like you.  I dont have RBC in my urine but I do have WBC and protein.  With your back pain and the blood in your urine I would think about going to a Nephrologist.  They are kidney doctors and since this seems like a problem with your kidneys I would say that is your best bet.  Besides if you did not like the prostate thing you definately will not like have a tube stuck up you.  Im a girl and believe me it hurt bad and I can handle pain very well.  I think I would trust a Nephrologist more than a urologist.  Good luck to you.  I know it is scary.
Since,u have done an urine test,and all are normal(except having blood cells in urine),i m sure u don't hv any major problem.if u donot have albumin (protein) in ur urine,then ur kidneys are functioning normally.i m sure u r having kidney stones,u may also have an urinary tract infection.go for an x-ray and ultrasound of the lower abdomen.sometimes patients with kidney stone may have blood in urine.no need to worry,i m sure u r having kidney stones.