Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
I'm a little worried.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I'm a little worried.

I am a 25 year old male. I am healthy and active. About 3 weeks ago I started to have lower back pain. It is a deep dull pain and I am positive it is in the kidneys and not muscular. The pain is not always constant, however, I would say that it is there about 60% of the day. It's not sharp, but a dull deep pain. I have had blood in my urine since the lower back pain began. Sometimes my urine is a brownish color, ranging to red. Sometimes my unrine will seem normal, and then the blood will return in my urine. I drink a lot of water every day. No matter how much I drink, my urine is a dark yellow. Over this last while, it seems a darker yellow than what I have seen in the past, this of course is when it is not brown or red from the blood.
I went to an urgent care facility and had a urinalysis done. It came back normal in all levels, except for a high blood cell count. The range was 5-10. This was when my urine was a yellow in color. He check my prostate (worse experience in my life.....didn't feel very manly after that ;) ) He advised me to see a urologist and also that I may have a kidney stone. Kidney stones do run in my family, however, no one in my family has experienced these symptoms when passing a stone. I am making an appointment to see a urologist, however, wanted to ask for help from anyone that could enlighten me as to what this ailment could be. Thank you for reading.