Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Intermitten Kidey Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Intermitten Kidey Pain

I've been getting pain in my left kidney for about 2 years now. The reason i have never been to the Dr's about it, is because i'd get the pain, which would last anything from 30seconds, to a few mins. Then it would go away and i wouldnt get it again for a few months. The pain is a sharp stabbing pain, just in my left kidney.

I've get it maybe once after few months, but it seems to be progressing, now i seem to get it maybe twice a month. Always the left kidney, same kind of stabbing pain which is worse if i move/breath in keep. I am a gym junkie, so take a lot of protein.

My question being, is this just a random pain you get sometime, or should I go to the Dr's about it?

Thanx

Kyle
I would definitly see a doctor about this! It could be something that needs to be further looked into. It can be a number of things, but it's better to catch things early. I have Kidney disease and my left kidney does what you said yours does.

Lisa
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Its unlikely that the pain could be due to duplex kidneys. This can be of complete or incomplete types. People with the complete duplex systems are more prone for urinary tract infections. A urine culture can help determine an urinary infection and if there is recurrence of infections, surgical intervention may be needed. So, have yourself evaluated to rule out an infection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.