Is my kidney size normal?
have Hashimoto for over 7 years, and just got the diagnosis of diabetes two months ago. I had an ultrasound test last month and  my left kidney length is 13.7cm , right one is 13cm length. I am 172cm(5'7'') tall Asian female. Is it the normal size? I googled and found the normal size should be less than 12cm. But I had some urnine test and my doctor said the kidney function seems OK. Since I had diabetes I feel nervous of my kidney function. Do I need to see a Nephrologist?

Going through your case it seems you got diabetes only 2 months back.

Both of your kidneys are definitely enlarged but it is good that the kidney function is normal. Diabetes usually affects in long run. So as of now I don't think your kidney has anything to do with your diabetes. But still to be assured you might as well opt for a repeat ultrasound after 3 months. Keep a strict control of your blood sugars.

May be if you are apprehensive you better see a nephrologist who might then ask for tests like IVP or DMSA scan as the need may be.

Are you having high blood pressure? Just keep a tab on this too.

Keep me updated.

Regards.
Thank you for your answers. I just got diagnosis of diabetes two months ago, but I guess I am pre-diabetes for at least 5 years. So I am really worried about my kidney function. I will go to see the nephrologist as soon as possible.
And I am also thinking of Acromegaly because of the also enlarged spleen (11.1*11.7*4.3cm), liver(17.5cm) with other issures such as taller than other Asian women, more hair on skin.  Maybe I need go to see the Endocrinologist and ask for a MRI.
This diabeic problem makes me so nervous, thanks again for your suggestion and sorry for my English.