Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Is something wrong with my kidneys or bladder?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

I'm almost 16 i know i am very young. I have been dealing with UTIs for the past year and so many months now...at first they started out at UTI and i got them every weekend and then i went to the docter and gt on meds??i have had over now 20 UTIs in the past year nd have been on about 5-6 different meds to treat it..im slowly becomming used to the meds so it doesn't get it fast enough! i started getting blood in my urine were i cans ee or were the docters can see...when i do a pee test for an infection normaly now blood shows up. I hurt only on my right lower back and only on my right side! i am now seeing a kidney docter she has asked for 2 24/hr urine test my first UTI was when i was 4 they have never been this bad before! i have seen a bladder docter who moved me to a kidney docter..i always have blood and e.coli or just e.coli! Could i have picked something up maybe in Costa Rica?? when i went last summer?? thats when they all started happening and comming back.
also the ecoli is usually from when you wiped or can be transmitted through sexual activity
also have they ever did a ct scan to check and see if you possibly have kidney stones?
One thing you may want to try is cranberry pills. The juice has too much sugar in it, so the sugar kinda wipes out the benefits of the cranberries. The 24 hr. urine test, although a pain to do, will tell the doctors a lot. So you should get some answers.