Kidney/Bladder infection not responding to antibiotics
Hi, wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have had a bladder/kidney infection for about 4 weeks now. I am on third lot of antibiotics. First was suprax, which gave some relief for a few days, then levoxacin, now on ciproxin. I had a cytoscopy that revealed the bladder infection. I have very bad pain in sides, back, and abdomen and am on pain medication for this. I'm worried that this third course of will not work. Has anyone experience an infection that isn't clearing from antibiotics? Any help appreciated
I have been having that too, i went to the doctors and they diagnosed me with nephritis with i geuus is a kidney disease caused from old staph infections, and bladder infections. Sorry im a little young to be explaining it, so it may not be exactly  "correct". But i would say yu should go to the doctors and ask them to test you.
Hope this helps!
I'm now updating this in case anyone can give advice. I have had a bladder/kidney infection for about 2 months now. I have had four antibiotics. First was suprax, which gave some relief for a few days, then levoxacin, then ciproxin, then sefaklor. I had a cytoscopy that revealed the bladder infection. I have very bad pain in sides, back, and abdomen and am on pain medication for this. Burning pain in urethra and frequent need to urinate. Last night I was in hospital with IV antibiotics. US previously showed urine retention in kidneys and doctors thought because of narrowing of urethra due to infection this was the cause. I had another US yesterday which didn't show urine retention anymore but pain still the same. I had a kidney function test this morning which showed everything normal and that infection has now gone. Doctors said I would still be in pain even after infection has gone for a couple of weeks. Is this normal? Any help appreciatedJ