Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney Cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Kidney Cancer?

2 weeks ago I had blood in my urine and went to the hospital where they diagnosed me with a bad UTI, yet i had NO other symptoms other than the blood in my urine. I went to my family docotor who then told me that I did have many red and white blood cells in my urine but I did not have the main white blood cell that is always present in a UTI. His next guess was maybe it was a kidney stone, so he got me to get a basic urine test and a blood test done. Meanwhile waiting for the results I have been getting a really chronic burning sensation on my right kidney for hours at a time. I started to research kidney problems to see which sounded like me. I had hardly any of the symptoms for kidney infection, kidney stones, and kidney failure or UTI. Yet I had almost all the symptoms for Kideny cancer except for weightloss. I then read some stories on kidney cancer diagnosis and read MANY stories that sound exactly like my previous health issues that have yet to be diagnosed. For about 3 years now I have had a reoccuring sharp, spasm like pain under my ribs on the left side.. was always told it was probably gall bladder, I have even had 2 episodes that seem like a gall bladder attack. Yet in every ultrasound, barium x-ray, nothing has been found. ...but they have never done a kidney ultrasound. this pain and misdiagnosis of gall bladder disease or gall bladder stones was in many kidney cancer stories. my doctor says he does not want to do a ct scan.. should I get a second opinion, the kidney burning is still occuring daily. and i do still have all the kidney cancer symptoms.