Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney Cysts are they serious?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney Cysts are they serious?

question. i had a CT scan done at an ER department last August. I had been having abdominal pain. there was an Abdominal CT scan done  that showed mild diverticulosis, a couple of hernias...and on the preliminary report which was noted was a tiny anterior cortical cyst on the left kidney. the prelim reprt was done by Nighthawk. the ER DR. sent me on my way and told me everything was normal... when I got the final report done by the hospital radiologist it never mentioned the tiny cortical cyst. it only mentioned the diverticulosis and the 2 hernias..... i guess my question being why the difference in the reports? and if there is a tiny cortical cyst, is it anything to even be worried about? why would there be a difference in the reports? was the cyst not even important enough to mention it, i have read online that most kidney cysts are nothing to worry about. any of your help would be appreciated. one more thing.. should i just go on and forget about this? i am not having any symptoms in regards to the above situation. thanks