Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney Cysts are they serious?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Kidney Cysts are they serious?

question. i had a CT scan done at an ER department last August. I had been having abdominal pain. there was an Abdominal CT scan done  that showed mild diverticulosis, a couple of hernias...and on the preliminary report which was noted was a tiny anterior cortical cyst on the left kidney. the prelim reprt was done by Nighthawk. the ER DR. sent me on my way and told me everything was normal... when I got the final report done by the hospital radiologist it never mentioned the tiny cortical cyst. it only mentioned the diverticulosis and the 2 hernias..... i guess my question being why the difference in the reports? and if there is a tiny cortical cyst, is it anything to even be worried about? why would there be a difference in the reports? was the cyst not even important enough to mention it, i have read online that most kidney cysts are nothing to worry about. any of your help would be appreciated. one more thing.. should i just go on and forget about this? i am not having any symptoms in regards to the above situation. thanks
let me add that I changed my diet in regards to the diverticulosis and everything cleared up. i just got back to thinking about the tiny cortical cyst mentioned in the
preliminary report and why it wasn't mentioned in the final report. thanks!