Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney Disorder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Kidney Disorder

I am a 58 year old female with abdominal discomfort in the whole abdominal area.  Food is like poison when I eat I become very tired after eating and I do not eat a lot.  I also have a lot of middle back pain with burning  only when I stand for a period of time (maybe 10 mins.) I also wake up every morning with lower back pain and stiffness.  I did have a CT-Scan and it showed: There is ptosis with posterior rotation  of the right kidney.  The left kidney is normal in position and  configuration.  There is a 3 mm low attenuation in the upper pole of the left kidney.  Should I be worried about this?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello there,
It is very important to correlate test results with your clinical symptoms.Ptosis is a condition in which the kidneys are not in proper position. This condition is usually related to a lack of supportive muscle and fat tissue in the lower abdomen.  A rotated kidney can sometimes cause blood in the urine or develop frequent urinary tract infections if the ureter becomes irritated or obstructed .You may get relief by taking pain relievers and adequate rest. If problems persist a nephropexy may be needed. It is best to consult your attending surgeon and discuss your concerns.
Best luck and regards!
If you don't mind if I ask a few more questions.   On my Abdomen/Pelvis CT it indicated that there is some fullness of the pancreatic body and tail, there are multiple loops of nondistended large and small bowel seen throughout the abdomen and pelvis.  There is no evidence of mesenteric inflammation.  On my fecal stool test my pancreatic elastase is 500 mcg/g.  Is that number to high(500 mcg/g)?  Thank you for your time.
Thank you for your time.