Kidney Nodule
I am being refered to a specialist for Kidney Nodules that are growing. I have Irratable bowel sysdrome and have had CT scans before, just recently due to dehydration & a kidney infection I was addmited into the hospital, the VA system said that I have Nodules that are growing on my Kidneys and that I am being refered to a Nephrologist due to the fact they want to do a CT or an MRI with Idione enhansement but Idione gives me hives. What are your expert opinion of tests and what will or may happen next?
i am not a renal doctor remember.  MRI contrast overall is safe
There's a contrast medium called "Gadolinium" that can be used in place of iodine, so that might be an option for you. Urologists sometimes hesitate to use it as it's tough on the kidney's, but if you can't have iodine and this is a one-time contrast picture, then they shouldn't have a problem with it.