Kidney Pain/Foamy Urine
I am a 4-year survivor of stage 3 Ovarian Cancer.

For the past month now I have been having intermittent dull, sometimes burning pain in my right kidney - nothing really bad that sends me to the ER, but bothersome nonetheless. At the same time I started noticing foam in my urine and started feeling really rundown, tired, with loss of appetite. Dipstick urinalysis, urine culture came back negative. Was put on Macrobid for 7 days and I started feeling better overall except for foam and appetite. Now, 10 days post-Macrobid, the pain is still there but only for a few hours every 2 or 3 days. Foam in urine daily, and lately there seems to be little things floating in urine (white, like mucus?). Saw a urologist 2 days ago, another urinalysis showed very few WBC but nothing else. Had a CT scan too to check for possible cancer recurrence/tumors, but the CT was clean and the kidneys looked normal with no stones etc. Urologist is at a loss.

I wonder if anyone here has any ideas?
Oh, and prior to CT they did a creatinine check (because I needed iodine IV) and it was 1.0, normal. Last bloodwork was in October (prior to my symptoms) and everything was also normal.
I also had OVCA but a stage 1 back in 2006.  Last year I noticed foam in my urine.  About the same time I started feeling bad and noticed some swelling in my legs.  I went to my primary care doctor and gyn/onc many times.  I also went to the ER three times.  Finally after a few months I swelled up like a balloon.  The doctors went from telling me I had a problem with my thyroid to a brain tumor.  What it actually was was an autoimmune kidney disorder.  

I would ask for a 24 hour urine test.  This would let you know if you are losing protein in your urine.  That can make your urine foamy.  There are many different causes for this but if the test shows that you are losing protein, then they would try to determine why and what to do about it.  I have been on steroids for about 14 months and it is going well.

By the way,  I was seeing a urologist who did not catch what was wrong with me.  It was a nephrologist who finally figured it out and who I see now.  Good luck.  I hope they can figure out what is wrong.  It is so frustrating to know that something is wrong but not know what it is!

Laura  :)
Wow that sounds much like my story! I will keep that in mind...somehow UTI didn't seem right to me from the get-go.
I am at a loss also.  I am a male 33 y.o.  Had significant weight loss after ear surgery.  Then 1 month after, developed right sided abdominal pain.  Told my doctor that I started noticing foamy urine.  Had 5 urine dipsticks, all negative.  Then started noticing burning urination.  STDs negative.  Took zithromax, tinidazole and fluconazole without relief.  I have this pain on the right of the belly button and it radiates to the groin.  CT with contrast is normal.  All bloodwork normal.  Still can't figure out what is going on.