Kidney Pain and Urine Odor "Flare Ups"
What would cause this to come in spurts? It seems like randomly once a month (sometimes twice) the morning I wake up for 3-5 ways with severe kidney pain, it's really a bizarre pain - like I can actually feel urine moving (sorry if that's gross). It wakes me up, once I'm up and moving I'm perfectly fine. Then in the evenings, I have bouts where my urine smells oddly sweet, but not a good sweet. It's got the strength of "asparagus" pee, it is sometimes cloudy or orange.

By the time I get in to my doctor for tests, the symptoms have resolved and results are clear.

I am currently being looked into for IgAN.

Maybe this isn't smart, but I had this theory that maybe I can find what triggers it. I have about 200 urine test strips. I figured maybe a few days I'd go high sodium, a few for protein, etc. and then test my urine and see if maybe there's something in my diet triggering it so that I can avoid that. Of course being diagnosed with IgAN means I shouldn't load up on the above mentioned things, but I can't think of any other way to find out what's causing these episodes.

Any suggestions?

I've been tested for diabetes so many times I've lost count (for the past 15 years due to random seizures - once a year or so). It's been normal every time.
Oh, also - I am somewhat healthy for the most part. I am rather petite and have problems gaining weight. Sometimes I eat lots and won't gain, other times I have no appetite and have to force feed myself. I've been that way since birth (small with weight gain issues).

Aside from being anemic (again, that's pretty much normal for me) my last urine tests showed occult blood, and RBC's (it had a 6 by it, whatever that means).