Kidney infection
I have been diagnosed with a UTI after an episode of heavy blood in urine. After 10 days of an antibiotic (ciprofloxacin) I felt better but the bleeding started again. Am now back on 10 more days of same antibiotic but this time am having lower pelvic pain amd discomfort. Could this be something other than a UTI? Urine culture showed a bacterial infection. Is it common for this to take 1 or 2 courses of antibiotics to clear up?
How are you? Urinalysis and urine culture are definitive diagnosis of a urinary tract infection.  This may respond well to antibiotic management. The choice of drug and length of treatment depend on your medical history and the urine tests that identify the offending bacteria. Many doctors prescribe antibiotics for a week or two to ensure that the infection has been cured. Other tests such as intravenous pyelogram may also be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.
i have blood in my urine, bacteria, mucus and calcium. nurse called today and said the other results are not in, call monday for other results. they never said what i have , put me on cipro. does anyone no what causes all this stuff in urine? got me worried. thanks