Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Kidney infection

I just want an opinion from someone who might be able to help me with these symptoms im experiencing. I know the only way to know for sure is to see a doctor, I just want another opinion for now.
I've been experiencing pressure and discomfort on my kidneys for about 2 months now. It started just coming and going in waves, now it occurs more frequently. I feel the need to urinate more. My urine is dark at times and clear at other times. Recently I started having trouble breathing and chest pains. I was tested for bacteria in my urine and it was negative. Im a 23 year old female with no major health issues besides high blood pressure.
Tags: kidney
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
How are you? What other symptoms are present?  It is good that recent urine test was negative which rules out any presence of  infection.  Other issues to consider include diabetes, pregnancy, anxiety, medication side effect, caffeine,  bladder issues and even gynecological conditions like vaginitis. With regards to your high blood pressure, regular blood pressure monitoring and continue taking your hypertension medicines are highly recommended. Take care and do keep us posted.
The other symptoms I experienced that I believe are related are dizziness and a rapid heart beat. I did go back to the doctor Friday and she wants me to try taking something for anxiety. She told me to get back in touch with her in a month and we will go from there. Thank you very much for opinion on the matter.