Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney issues the past six months
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney issues the past six months

I am a 32 yr old female. I have never had kidney problems until this year. Normally I am extremely active. Since April I have been exhausted and weak. I have had ten bladder / kidney infections since April 2010. I have aching pain in my left side under my rib and also in my lower back.  I have been hospitalized three times in the past six months for this pain, in the emergency room three times, and have been to seven office visits with different doctors. I have been on six different antibiotics. I was diagnosed with two kidney stones in April and then a kidney cyst (7cm X 6cm X 6cm) this week. What is wrong with me??
Related Discussions
1308559_tn?1322689445
a  cyst  on the  kidney  is  a  disease  called  polycistic  kidney  disease  (PKD).

Have they  done  a test  to  make sure you don't  have  something  called  "reflux"   that's  when  the  urine backs up  into  the  kidneys  and  causes  recurrent  UTI's
Kidney  stones  can  also  cause  kidney diseas  if the  stones  are  large  enough  to  block  blood  flow.

Has your  Dr  done a  CBC (complete  blood count) lately.  This  test  will  show  how  well your  kidneys  are  working  and if you  have  anemia.          Anemia  causes  extreme  fatigue.  
Find a  good  nephrologist  that  can  guide you  on  the  next  step  to feeling  better.

take  care!

Marina
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703