Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney stone pain for 4 months??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Kidney stone pain for 4 months??

I went to the hospital in May with sever kidney pains in both kidneys that had been hurting for two weeks. I heard that stones run in all the females in the family so I went to the doctor.

Doctor said there was a little blood in my urine so ordered a CT scan. Nothing showed up in the CT scan.

A few days later... felt something moving from my kidney to my bladder... I got really hot and sweaty and really nauseous. I have not caught any stones in a strainer.

Ever since then I have had 1-2 sharp pains about once or twice a week for the last 4 months. The last 4-5 days I have been in a lot of pain so I went to the hospital last night.

Last night they said they found a lot of blood in my urine and ordered me a CT scan which I am doing tomorrow.

Has anyone ever heard of stones taking 4-5 months to past??
Another normal CT scan... they doc is sending me to a urologist.

Also... the last 2 days I have been having lower abdominal pain..
Hi, since you have been through investigations related to kidneys, one must also look for other causes like bladder issues like cystitis, growth or neoplasm for which cystoscopy is usually done. Though the chances of bladder abnormality are remote but it is worth trying.

Was IVP done in your case? Stones can stay for long time in kidneys and can give rise to pain during their passage through ureter.