Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney worries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Kidney worries

Hi everyone bit worried here, been doctors many times and hospital all of which have not taken my concerns seriously but worried might be having some kidney failure/disease
having pains in kidney area, renal colic, cramping pains in legs mostly right leg. Have a proper ache on heel and pins needles. Itchy all over mostly feet , feet look dry and swollen. Trouble concentrating and feel like I only getting air out of left lung. Worried but no one seems to be taking me seriously these symptoms have got worse from what was originally just abdo pain. All happening so quick. Any advice what to do
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
It may be difficult for me to confirm the exact cause of your illness without a detailed clinical evaluation. Muscle cramps, tiredness can be a symptom of kidney disease. Pins and needles sensation indicates a neuropathy. You need to undergo physical examination and tests like Hb, complete blood counts, urine analysis, fasting blood sugar, kidney function tests, serum uric acid. Breathing difficulty also needs to be evaluated. An x-ray chest will be helpful. Further tests and treatment will depend on the test results. Do write to me again with test results. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Hi many thanks for your reply it feels good just to see someone trying to help out for which I am grateful, I've had about 10 blood tests since this began about 3 weeks ago of which I only have the results of one which is dated the 7th of may and I had a ct scan same day the results were the following u and e , crp, fbc abnormal , na 134, wcc15.4 other bloods unremarkable. Ct kub abnormal there are several bilateral calcifications in the pelvis it goes on to state that it was difficult to determine lower ureters and there was no dilation of pelvic systems and no hydrouureter. Not to sure as to what any of that means but I know my white blood count is high, doctor didnt seem to bothered but that does not feel me with confidence as at first he thought all this was in my head. I had another blood test on Thursday which should be back early next week. But my symptoms have been getting worse and last night laying on my side I felt a pain which seemed to expand from my kidney area and was very painful, in my mind I was thinking I need to move out of this position fast but could not move my body took everything I had to move and then pain subsided very strange and scary. Almost like a momentary paralysis (I've had this in the past without the pain) also felt like 2 lumps or spot like areas of pain in lung or kidney area when first awoke. Not gasping for breathe when waking anymore but still having sweats and clammy. Doctor thought it may be a virus as well as a kidney infection but I have no idea. Hospital said on the 7th they would arrange a ct urogram but have heard nothing. Doctor said he would arrange an emergency ultrasound but when I got letter it was dated the 6th of June, not to long but I seem to be deteriorating quickly. Could this really be some kind of killer virus? Or kidney failure? Both? I'm so clueless and really not sure what to do. A and e not interested and doctor thinks its in my head. Feeling a bit let down by the medical professionals but what can I do? Oh one more thing area just below my rib at the front, renal cord? Is excruciating today only when touched but nearly had me on the floor. Any help or advice appreciated.
Also urine tests showing negative for nirtirites and leukocytes being told I have no uti.