Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Left Kidney pain. Any Advice?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left Kidney pain. Any Advice?

I am a 27 year old female. I don't drink and I don't smoke. I have been passing kidney stones since 2006. I recently saw a Urologist in November of 2011. I was told I had 2 large stones in my left kidney and a few small ones in my right kidney. I went to the Urologist because I had been experiencing terrible pain in my left kidney. In December I had my left kidney cleaned out by laser through the urethra. It took over 3 weeks to recover and it was the most terrible pain I have ever felt. They did not put a stent in. I then had my right kidney done 3 weeks later. I recovered in a day. No pain.

After about 4 weeks of having the kidney stone removal surgery my left kidney began to hurt again. Since the surgery I have felt a dull constant pain and I can feel my kidney throbbing/pulsating. It feels like a muscle spasm in my left kidney. Again the recovery from the left side stone removal was horrific and the pain is back. Today I am now experiencing the a more painful type of pain in my left kidney. As if I have a back injury, but again only my left kidney hurts. No other symptoms except pain. I have also caught bronchitis and this is also making me feel worse.

Has anyone experienced this? Could it be scar tissue causing the pain?

I am forced to see a Urologist at a county hospital because I don't have insurance. I made an appointment over a month ago and I went to the appointment. I waited 4 hours and still didn't see a doctor. I had to leave due to picking up my kids. So, I didn't get to see the Urologist. Should I just wait this out? Should I go to the Emergency room? I feel lost and tired of the same thing with my left kidney. What is the deal?

Thanks for listening.