Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Low Glom Filt and borderline Creatine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Low Glom Filt and borderline Creatine

Okay, I'm not sure what to make of these test results, can somebody please shed some light for me?
GLOM FILT RATE, EST 59
CREATININE 0.6
BUN/CREATININE RATIO 22

I'm a healthy 30 year old female with a minor history of kidney stones.  The doctor did not mention a follow up test.  I rarely take any medicines, but since the test was unexpected I did have a couple of beers the night before and ate that day.  Could this have effected the results?  Everything else was within a normal range.  

Thank you!
Tags: creatine, kidney, glom filt
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
A beer drink can affect a person’s kidney functions. A normal gfr is 60.A value below 60 can be an indication of kidney disease.  It is normal for creatinine measurements and GFR to change from one measurement to other. I will advise you to get the test repeated after 2 weeks or so. Any test result should be correlated clinically. Discuss the test results with your doctor and keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!