Low Potassium Levels
Hello I am a 30 yr old female who was diag with VUR in 2005. I have had open reconstructive surgery and the Deflux procedure both done(yrs 2005 & 2006). In August 2009 I was admitted to the hospital for Pnemonia they ran blood tests and found that my potassium levels are low...they placed me on potassium supplement. Again in October I was admitted to the hospital bc my pulse was elevated and my blood pressure was low...they found threw more blood tests that I have Hypothyroidism and again low Potassium levels...Could there be a possiblity that the potassium levels are down bc of the thyroid or do you think its my kidneys not regulating the potassium like they should?

Anyone with advice on this would help greatly! I do have an appointment with my urologist but its not until Feb. and I just need a lil piece of mind!!!
you need to know what your labs say..i always get a copy of my labs..ur potassium should be between 3.5-5.0  you having low thyroid  also could be in this problem..but the electrolytes are from the kidney function..like the (GFR)..AND HOW MUCH YOU  TAKE INN OF THE POTASSIUM..BUT I WOULD WANT TO KNOW THE GFR NUMBERS,,CREATININE,,SODIUM,,BUN, CHLORIDE,POTASSIUM,,THESE WOULD ALL BE ON THE LABS..AND ALSO  GET THE ( CBC)= COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT!!