Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Lower back & abdomen pain, painful burning while urinating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Hi Guys,

I have had burning sensation while urinating quite intense for the past week.  I have also had burning sensation while passing stool. I constantly need to go to the toilet to both urinated and pass stool. At the moment the whole genitle area is burning during that time. I feel a pain in the shaft of my penis like I need to pee. My lower back and abdomen also have a dull ache. What could this be?

Cheers
Tonka
The burning sensation while urinating and the abdominal & back ache make me want to lean towards a UTI or bladder-infection, but with the curve-ball you threw in regarding the burning sensation when you're having a BM... that's truly odd.

You may want to try posting the question in the "Pain Management Forum". There are a lot of very smart people in that forum that may be able to help you with your multiple symptoms, and possibly point you in the right direction. Tuck, namnam, Jaybay... smart ladies.

Post over there and see what they say.

LMNO
Possible prostitis???
The strange thing is I was tested for STI's and UTI and they came back clean. The doctor gave me an antibiotic incase chlamydia hadn't been picked up but I still have all the symptoms.

I am seeing a urologist next week, hopefully he can clear things up for me. It has me confused.
Hey Tonka,

The pain in the back and abdomen could potentially be a kidney stone. The pain is immense and  usually radiates in the "flank" or back area. It can sometimes wrap around to the front stomach/groin. Typically it effects one side.
The stones also cause a sensation of needing to pee constantly, even when you really don't have enough urine to pee. It's very uncomfortable.

(I've passed 18 in my short life)

However, the burning while having a BM is questionable??? I don't have any thoughts on that.

Good luck at the Urologist.